- 200 g of white beans soaked the day before
- 400 g of pork shank;
- 1 hand of pork:
- 100 g of unsalted bacon
- 4 black pudding onions
- 1 white
- 4 small turnips
- 350 g of rice
Saffron and salt.
- Place the beans in a pot on the fire with about 3 liters of water, the pork, the hand, the bacon, the white and the turnips and let simmer adding the salt halfway through cooking.
- If it is done in an express pot, it will take about 30 minutes, if it is in a traditional pot, calculate at least an hour and a half. Remove the meat from the broth.
- Let them cool a little before cutting them into pieces so that they do not fall apart.
- When there are no more in the pot than the beans and the turnips with the broth, add the saffron and rice and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking add the chopped meats and the whole onion black pudding to prevent them from falling apart.
- It is important to remember that this is a strong dish, typical of winter and that it should be broth, so it is advisable before adding the rice add a little hot water, before incorporating it.